If you have to live in your home while it’s listed for sale, here are five tips that will help you sell it for top dollar and make the moving process easier.
Buying a home? Click here to perform a full home search
Your home might be your sanctuary, but once that “For Sale” sign goes up in your front yard, you need to be able to show every inch of it. Both agents and buyers will want to be able to walk through and see all of it, so here are a few tips that will help you live in your home while it’s for sale and make the moving process easier:
1. Start packing now. The secret to decluttering your home is to get rid of things you can live without while it’s for sale.
2. Store it, sell it, chuck it, or donate it. This method is key in terms of decluttering. Not only will buyers appreciate the extra space this will open up inside your home, but it will also make it easier to pack up everything else once the home has sold and you need to move.
3. Make your house squeaky clean. Clean homes often sell for $5,000 to $10,000 more than messy ones. Aim for the kind of quality you’d see at a five-star hotel.
4. Maintain your safety and privacy. A lot of people will be walking through your home and looking at different components of it, so lock up or store away anything that’s valuable to you on an emotional or monetary level.
5. Involve your kids in the process. Make it a contest to see who can put their toys and belongings away faster! You’d be surprised at how much fun kids can have doing this.
If you have any more questions about this topic or any other real estate needs I can take care of, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to help you.